Thank you for your interest in Balboa Travel.
Balboa Travel recruits, hires and trains educated, motivated travel professionals who share in its profits as owners and who define its dedication and commitment to providing absolutely the finest, most personalized service possible. No other travel management firm can offer the same level of commitment to its employees as Balboa Travel.
We offer a great salary benefit package with 401K plan, travel industry benefits, friendly work environment. We maintain an extensive at-home program, so we are able to employ agents throughout the United States. There is always room at Balboa Travel for a good worker dedicated to excellence. If you are interested please submit your resume as a Microsoft Word email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Familiarity with installation/setup of Sabre, Amadeus and other travel agency applications a plus.
Senior Corporate/Govt. Travel Agent and Lead
Balboa Travel is currently reviewing candidates for Corporate, Government and Groups Agents. We are also recruiting for Team Leaders. The shifts for these positions are variable. Preferred candidates should have strong customer service and communication skills plus prior experience booking domestic and international travel. A minimum of five years prior experience as a corporate travel consultant is required, with knowledge of Sabre preferred. This virtual position is open to all locations within the United States with a requirement for a dedicated high speed internet provider, which is reimbursed by Balboa. Please submit your resume as a Microsoft Word email attachment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $33.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
Experience: corporate travel agency: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Global Account Manager - Corporate Travel
As a Balboa Global Account Manager, you will serve as the primary contact, provide customer service and build the business relationship between Balboa and a designated portfolio of domestic and global clients providing project management, strategic leadership and direction in order to retain, expand and develop the travel program within the assigned client portfolio. The client portfolio may include accounts with strategic and complex requirements. Involvement will include working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. While this is a remote work position, extensive travel may be required.
- Conduct regular reviews of each client's travel program to assess the maturity of the client's program and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and execute a travel management business plan by client detailing objectives, strategies and measurable goals
- Drive consistency and optimization of national, regional or global travel program
- Ensure consistent, efficient and cost effective delivery of Balboa and industry products and services to clients, identifying gaps and proactively resolving discrepancies, while aligning account management deliverables/time allocation to account management cost recovery
- Prepare and deliver presentations and other methods of education in order to modify client behavior to ensure travel management compliance
- Identify incremental business opportunities within existing client portfolio; promote Balboa products and services realizing increased value for client and revenue for Balboa
- Develop and maintain multi-level client relationships and provide excellent customer service and support for clients in various time zones, communicating by phone, email and in person as necessary
- Represent the clients within Balboa, communicating with the key departments of Balboa on matters of delivery required, as part of the client agreement
- Provide formal analysis, commentary and recommendations on client's travel
- Monitor and report on client specific KPI's and SLA’s at intervals determined by the Agreement and/or client if not defined
- Monitor and report on client profitability levels, and address profitability improvement where possible
- May work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Liaising with client on results of data analysis, trends and industry developments to identify cost-saving opportunities, assisting with vendor negotiations through proactive analysis of local market and analysis of industry trends.
- We are looking for energetic self-starter who exemplifies the following traits and skills, plus at least 5 years experience in previous TMC Global Account Manager position and/or Front-line, Operational role with heavy client interaction
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills. Highly developed presentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative. Strong attention to detail. Keen customer service orientated
- Ability to read and understand contracts and service agreements.
- Ability to monitor and report on profitability, budget and performance indicators
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collegially
- Ability to provide support to customers in various time zones
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional team leader in coordinating internal team-member efforts
- Capability to travel and multi-task as neededAdditional Compensation:
Paid Training: Yes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: Signing bonus
Experience: Global Travel Account Management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Director - Account Management
As we continue to grow our global customer base, we’re looking for an experienced Director - Account Management to join our team on a permanent basis, to drive operational excellence and lead Balboa Travel’s team of Strategic Account Managers. Working closely with the CEO, COO and other executive leaders, you will develop strategic initiatives and processes to support and optimize the customer experience. You will build strong relationships with customers and the travel industry, understanding market needs and enhancing our clients’ experiences.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Drive the strategy to retain and engage customers, executing priorities and drawing on your knowledge and passion for customer success
- Design and refine the end-to-end customer strategy to deliver industry-leading customer satisfaction as well as revenue growth
- Lead the Account Managers in a way that encourages customer centricity, teamwork and enables customer success
- Identify customer requirements and communicate capabilities and concepts, driving continual service improvements
- Overseeing the onboarding of new customers
- Overseeing a team of Account Managers spread virtually throughout the United States
- Collaborate with Balboa’s Sales team to develop and plan for customer success
- Develop trusted relationships with customers to understand their strategic goals and make strategic recommendations
- Contribute to organizational initiatives and projects that support enterprise-wide objectives, including supporting the CEO at a strategic level
Our ideal candidate:
- 10 years’ experience in Travel Management related environment, and prior success in leading Account Management and/or operational teams
- Track record of developing and executing business strategy to retain and engage customers, and to grow revenue through account-based strategy and partnerships
- Proven experience in customer success including: customer acquisition, account management and/or process optimization
- Known for your exceptional internal and external stakeholder management skills. Able to build strong relationships, and demonstrated ability to influence and deliver impressive customer outcomes
- Driven by analytics and takes an evidence-based, data-driven, disciplined and process-oriented approach to the end-to-end customer lifecycle
- Has a customer first mindset with the ability to advocate their needs
- Empathetic and can identify and document key pain points and opportunities to delight in a customer journey that provide actionable insights to the delivery team
- Thrives working in a scaling fast-growth environment where you are driving operational excellence
- Is a great communicator with the ability to transfer knowledge from customers as well as team members to the wider team
- A master collaborator and a self-starter who has the tenacity to solve problems and find solutions in a professional and goal driven way
- Experience on Salesforce a plus!
At Balboa Travel we celebrate diversity, as a woman and minority-owned enterprise and promote equal employment opportunities in the workplace. Our open, transparent, and inclusive team culture provides a license for every individual to turn ideas into impact.