Thank you for your interest in Balboa Travel.
Balboa Travel recruits, hires and trains educated, motivated travel professionals who share in its profits as owners and who define its dedication and commitment to providing absolutely the finest, most personalized service possible. No other travel management firm can offer the same level of commitment to its employees as Balboa Travel.
We offer a great salary benefit package with 401K plan, travel industry benefits, friendly work environment. We maintain an extensive at-home program, so we are able to employ agents throughout the United States. There is always room at Balboa Travel for a good worker dedicated to excellence. If you are interested please submit your resume as a Microsoft Word email attachment to email@example.com
Familiarity with installation/setup of Sabre, Amadeus and other travel agency applications a plus.
Experienced Travel Advisor
As a Virtuoso agency, our ideal advisor is experienced, committed, multi-lingual, action oriented, efficient, has a high attention to detail, has integrity, has excellent listening, communications and organizational skills, and passionate about service to complement our growing leisure business. A minimum of three years, current service oriented/luxury leisure travel experience is needed. Ideal candidate will have a current book of business and will take pride in providing your Balboa clients exceptional service and meeting all their travel goals and dreams. If you are interested please submit your resume as a Microsoft Word email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Account Manager: Corporate TMC Experience is required
As a Balboa Global Account Manager, you will serve as the primary contact, provide customer service and build the business relationship between Balboa and a designated portfolio of domestic and global clients providing project management, strategic leadership and direction in order to retain, expand and develop the travel program within the assigned client portfolio. The client portfolio may include accounts with strategic and complex requirements. Involvement will include working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Conduct regular reviews of each client's travel program to assess the maturity of the client's program and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and execute a travel management business plan by client detailing objectives, strategies and measurable goals
- Drive consistency and optimization of national, regional or global travel program
- Ensure consistent, efficient and cost effective delivery of Balboa and industry products and services to clients, identifying gaps and proactively resolving discrepancies, while aligning account management deliverables/time allocation to account management cost recovery
- Prepare and deliver presentations and other methods of education in order to modify client behavior to ensure travel management compliance
- Identify incremental business opportunities within existing client portfolio; promote Balboa products and services realizing increased value for client and revenue for Balboa
- Develop and maintain multi-level client relationships and provide excellent customer service and support for clients in various time zones, communicating by phone, email and in person as necessary
- Represent the clients within Balboa, communicating with the key departments of Balboa on matters of delivery required, as part of the client agreement
- Provide formal analysis, commentary and recommendations on client's travel
- Monitor and report on client specific KPI's and SLA’s at intervals determined by the Agreement and/or client if not defined
- Monitor and report on client profitability levels, and address profitability improvement where possible
- May work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Liaising with client on results of data analysis, trends and industry developments to identify cost-saving opportunities, assisting with vendor negotiations through proactive analysis of local
market and analysis of industry trends.
We are looking for energetic self-starter who exemplifies the following traits and skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in previous TMC Global Account Manager position and/or Front-line, Operational role with heavy client interaction.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills. Highly developed presentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative. Strong attention to detail. Keen customer service orientation
- Ability to read and understand contracts and service agreements.
- Ability to monitor and report on profitability, budget and performance indicators.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collegially
- Ability to provide support to customers in various time zones
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional team leader in coordinating internal team-member efforts
- Capability to travel and multi-task as needed
Primary Location: San Diego, CA
Working Hours: Exempt and expected to be available Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm PT and any other time required to fulfill the duties of this position.
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Global Account Management